We ask for Coventry City Council to request that the applicant submits the following:
- transport assessment and air quality assessment that includes
the Longford Road/Windmill Road junction and the Coventry City
Council’s air quality measured monitoring sites LR1 and LR2
which are based here. Furthermore, they should include sensitive
receptors at this junction within their air quality
- Phase 3 geo-environmental report which includes a land contamination remediation strategy and Tier 3 Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment (DQRA). This is essential due to the history of contaminated waste tipping know to have occurred in the wider area and presence of asbestos, made ground, mine shafts and high levels of methane and carbon dioxide on the site.
- road safety audit for the proposed primary access off Alderman’s Green Road which includes all users, (i.e. pedestrians, cyclists, cars and HGVs)
- water vole, hedgehog, invertebrate and bird surveys
- site-plan which acknowledges the fact that this site was originally intended to be used for ‘recreational purposes’ as a ‘public open space’ once tipping had finished and the site landscaped
Furthermore, we are extremely concerned about the cumulative impact of recent development proposals within the Longford and Exhall wards. Therefore, we request that Coventry City Council takes the allocations within the Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council’s Borough’s Borough plan into account and engages fully with consultation on any future local plan reviews with regard to cumulative impact on the Longford and Exhall wards. This should include:
- traffic levels
- air quality
- flood risk and flood storage
- climate change
- access to green space and sports/play facilities
- access to services, e.g. GP, dentist, schools
This ePetition runs from 09/01/2021 to 26/02/2021.
100 people have signed this ePetition.