Venue: This meeting will be held remotely. The meeting can be viewed live by pasting this link into your browser: https://youtu.be/a5XbpC4Pcd0
Contact: Carolyn Sinclair Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Interest
In respect of Minute 3 (New Ways of Working), Councillor F Abbott declared that her husband was an employee of the City Council.
The Minutes of the meeting held on 12 February 2020 were agreed as a true record. There were no matters arising.
New ways of working
Presentation (to be circulated)
The Board received a presentation encompassing updates on Public Health, returning to work in offices, digital first and support to elected members.
Members questioned officers and received responses on a number of aspects arising from the presentation including the following:
· Impact on areas of the City identified as having a higher rate of infections and how this was managed.
· Plans in place should rates of infection continue to increase in the City.
Return to Work
· The re-opening of the Friargate building for staff
· Support for staff who are both returning to the office and continuing to work from home
· Communicating changes to staff
· Changes to the customer offer to improve online access, including webchats
· Customer Services call rates
· Staff app functionality
Support to Elected Members
· Members Survey responses
· LGA guidance for Member training
· Member Casework pilot scheme
In respect of the Member Casework pilot scheme, the Board agreed that it would be beneficial that the pilot shortly to commence in Sherbourne Ward be widened to include any Councillor who would be interested in taking part.
Following discussion of matters raised during the presentation, the Board thanked attendees for their contributions and agreed to receive update reports at the meeting to be held on 14 October 2020 on the analysis of the Elected Members Survey and an update report on the re-opening to staff of One Friargate.
RESOLVED that the Board note the content of the presentation and agreed:
(a) To receive further updates at the 14 October 2020 meeting on the Elected Members survey outcomes and the process of re-opening One Friargate to staff.
(b) That participation in the pilot scheme on Members Casework shortly to be undertaken by Sherbourne Ward Councillors be extended to other Councillors.
Report of the Scrutiny Co-ordinator
The Board noted the Work Programme with the addition of the following items
to be included on the 14 October agenda:
· Feedback from the Elected Member Survey
· Update on the re-opening of the Friargate building
Any other items of Public Business
Any other items of public business which the Chair decides to take as matters of urgency because of the special circumstances involved
There were no other items of business.